February 22, 2015 will mark two years since we opened the museum at Papaikou. Thank you for making it possible.
Did you know...
• February 2015 has 4 Sundays, 4 Mondays, 4 Tuesdays, 4 Wednesdays, 4 Thursdays, 4 Fridays & 4 Saturdays. This happens once every 823 years. 2015 is a square February! This type of February cannot come in our life time again.
• We have new sugar plantation newspapers from the Kau District from 1945 to 1976 to view in the museum library room.
• Question of the month: Do you know what the pidgin words “Shi Shi” mean? And from what language… Chinese, Filipino, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean or ?
• Hawaii Plantation Museum became a member of TripAdvisor. Go to www.TripAdvisor.com to see our museum setup. We will appreciate your review of the museum.
• REUNIONS: Special group rates for visitors having a family or a class reunion. Contact the museum at (808) 964-5151 to schedule your visit.
• The Other Day” Museum 2015 Calendars are now available for $10. The calendar has information of Mules, Horses and Oxen used in the old days by all sugar plantations before trucks and tractors.
• T-shirts are also available for $20 each.